Milford Haven Port Authority (“we”), trading as Milford Marina, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998. This policy along with our Terms of Website Use, and other documents referred to within, set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be held and processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller. Our address is Milford Haven Port Authority, Gorsewood Drive, Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire, SA73 3EP. Email correspondence should be directed to email@example.com.
What data we collect from you
We collect and hold relevant personal data, such as, your name, contact details and records of our dealings with you. We collect data from you when you visit our websites, complete an online enquiry form, complete a hard copy form, enter into a contract with us, subscribe to communications, purchase a product and/ or service from us, make an enquiry via telephone or email, take part in a prize draw competition or survey and when you report any problems or concerns to us.
We collect data directly from you unless it would be impracticable or unreasonable to do so. You may refuse to provide us with some or all of your personal data; however, this may limit the ways in which we can interact with you, including providing you with products, services and/ or information.
How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data to:
• Contact you, in order to fulfil an agreement made; or
• To provide you with information about products and/ or services within the Milford Haven Port Authority group of companies which we believe may be of interest to you; this may involve requesting your support with market research. We may enlist the support of contractors to assist with such marketing campaigns.
You can opt out of receiving marketing information from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may pass your personal data to third parties outside the business for commercial purposes to provide you with information about its products and/ or services which may be of interest to you.
How we store your data
We hold your data on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to your personal data
If you would like to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please contact our Records Manager using the details provided in the Contact section below – further information is available at: http://www.mhpa.co.uk/accessing-information-1/.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose personal data in the following circumstances:
• To the prospective seller or buyer in the event that we sell or buy any business assets;
• If Milford Haven Port Authority or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Milford Haven Port Authority, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and businesses for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect data about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites including those of partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for personal data submitted to these websites.