Further to our announcement last Friday, and following Welsh Government’s confirmation today that self-catering, self-contained holiday accommodation can re-open in Wales from tomorrow (11th July), we will be able to welcome berth holders who have their own bathroom and dining facilities on board to stay overnight at Milford Marina.
Please note that our shared facilities (toilets, showers and laundry) will remain closed to everyone except liveaboard berth holders, and we have social distancing measures and sanitisation stations in place to protect the safety of all marina users and our staff. We will continue to provide access to water, and petrol, diesel and gas will be available to purchase.
If you are planning on staying on your boat overnight, please note that in line with the official guidance, you may only visit your boat in Milford Marina with your immediate and extended household.
As a reminder, please be aware of the following measures in place at Milford Marina to maintain safe and social distancing:
- All customers must observe a safe social distance of 2 metres, allowing others to pass safely on the pontoons
- We have installed advisory signs and sanitising stations throughout the marina, boatyard and in the offices for your use
- The berth holder toilets, showers and laundry facilities will remain closed to non-liveaboard customers at the moment
- You should only visit your boat and go out on the water with members of your immediate and extended household
- Overnight stays are now permitted for berth holders and visiting boats with self-contained bathroom and dining facilities on board
- Exit and access locks must be booked at least 2 hours in advance
- We will have limited capacity in each lock in order to maintain safe social distancing
- Please ensure that you wash your hands, carry your own hand sanitiser and gloves for the safety of yourselves, others and our staff
When out on the water, please observe the following:
- You should check the latest weather forecast, tide table and lock schedule
- It may be some time since you last moved your boat, so please ensure that you carry out a thorough check before leaving your berth
- Lifejackets or buoyancy aids should be tested and worn by all on board for your own safety
- Mariners are urged to exercise good seamanship, courtesy, patience and common sense as they begin to move around the waterway, following the rules of the road
- Mariners should be aware that we are a large commercial port as well as an important waterway for leisure use, so following the Port of Milford Haven guidance will assist in maintaining a safe waterway for all
If you have any queries, please email us or call 01646 696312. To book a lock, please call 01646 696310 or call VHF Ch.14.
Thank you for your cooperation.