We are pleased to inform you that following today’s Covid-19 daily briefing by Mark Drakeford; First Minister for Wales, berth holders will be able to travel to their boat at Milford Marina from Monday 6th July when the 5 mile travel restriction is lifted.
In order to maintain safe and social distancing, please be aware of the following measures which are now in place at Milford Marina:
- All customers must observe a safe social distance of 2 metres, allowing others to pass safely on the pontoons
- We have installed advisory signs and sanitising stations throughout the marina, boatyard and in the offices for your use
- The berth holder toilets, showers and laundry facilities will remain closed to non-liveaboard customers at the moment
- Exit and access locks must be booked at least 2 hours in advance
- We will have limited capacity in each lock in order to maintain safe social distancing
- You should only visit your boat and go out on the water with members of your own household
- Overnight stays are not permitted at the moment for non-liveaboard berth holders
- Please ensure that you wash your hands, carry your own hand sanitiser and gloves for the safety of yourselves, others and our staff
When out on the water, please observe the following:
- You should check the latest weather forecast, tide table and lock schedule
- It may be some time since you last moved your boat, so please ensure that you carry out a thorough check before leaving your berth
- Lifejackets or buoyancy aids should be tested and worn by all on board for your own safety
- Mariners are urged to exercise good seamanship, courtesy, patience and common sense as they begin to move around the waterway, following the rules of the road
- Mariners should be aware that we are a large commercial port as well as an important waterway for leisure use, so following the Port of Milford Haven guidance will assist in maintaining a safe waterway for all
For customers that choose not visit their boat at this time, please be assured that we continue to carry out patrols 24 hours a day. If you have any concerns about your boat, please let us know.
We will notify you when overnight stays are permitted and when we have a date as to which we plan on welcoming visitors again. Pontoons are in the process of being installed on the Milford Haven Waterway in Dale, Neyland, Hazelbeach, Hobbs Point and Burton. The pontoons make safe embarkation and disembarkation points and allow for greater exploration and use of the Haven for boaters. Lawrenny, Sandy Haven and Dale are all beautiful spots and accessible at all states of tide. Why not take a look at our list of places to sail and stop-off?
If you have any queries, please email us or call 01646 696312. To book a lock, please call 01646 696310 or call VHF Ch.14.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
7 tips to ensure your boat is ship shape for summer
Whether you’re a skilled sailor, a keen fisherman or new to boating, it’s important to carry out checks to your boat and equipment before you get out on the water.
We’ve put together 7 handy tips to keep you boating through the season and hopefully avoid you running into trouble whilst you’re out on the water!