As of today, berth holders living within a 5 mile radius of Milford Marina will be able to access the Milford Haven Waterway in line with the cancellation of the Port of Milford Haven’s Notice to Mariners (37/20), and Welsh Government’s preceding announcements last Friday.
In order to maintain safe and social distancing, please be aware of the following measures which are now in place at Milford Marina:
- You can access your boat in Milford Marina and the Milford Haven Waterway if you live within 5 miles, in line with Welsh Government guidelines
- All customers must observe a safe social distance of 2 metres, allowing others to pass safely on the pontoons
- We have installed advisory signs and sanitising stations throughout the marina, boatyard and in the offices for your use
- The berth holder toilets, showers and laundry facilities will remain closed to non-liveaboard customers at the moment
- Exit and access locks must be booked at least 2 hours in advance
- We will have limited capacity in each lock in order to maintain safe social distancing
- You should only visit your boat and go out on the water with members of your own household
- Overnight stays are not permitted at the moment for non-liveaboard berth holders
- Please ensure that you wash your hands, carry your own hand sanitiser and gloves for the safety of yourselves, others and our staff
When out on the water, please observe the following:
- You should check the latest weather forecast, tide table and lock schedule
- It may be some time since you last moved your boat, so please ensure that you carry out a thorough check before leaving your berth
- Lifejackets or buoyancy aids should be tested and worn by all on board for your own safety
- Mariners are urged to exercise good seamanship, courtesy, patience and common sense as they begin to move around the waterway, following the rules of the road
- Mariners should be aware that we are a large commercial port as well as an important waterway for leisure use, so following the Port of Milford Haven guidance will assist in maintaining a safe waterway for all
We are experiencing a high number of enquiries at the moment, so please bear with us as we start to welcome back local customers initially. Please call 01646 696312 if you have any queries.
For customers living further afield, please be assured that we continue to carry out patrols 24 hours a day, but if you have any concerns about your boat, whilst you are unable to travel to Milford Marina in line with Welsh Government guidelines, please get in touch.
Thank you for your understanding at this time and for your cooperation during lockdown.
7 tips to ensure your boat is ship shape for summer
Whether you’re a skilled sailor, a keen fisherman or new to boating, it’s important to carry out checks to your boat and equipment before you get out on the water.
We’ve put together 7 handy tips to keep you boating through the season and hopefully avoid you running into trouble whilst you’re out on the water!